The Blanchfield Army Community Hospital Orthopaedic surgery team is comprised of credentialed physicians who collectively have more than 100 papers published. The team offers comprehensive sports medicine care. They offer a variety of complex sports injuries services as well as chronic degenerative conditions, which often necessitate a range of treatment from conservative to surgical. The well-seasoned orthopedic team provides comprehensive and the most contemporary evidence-based, patient-centered care for conditions involving the shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee.
The state-of-the-art Joint Replacement Program provides:
- a variety of treatments for arthritic and inflammatory conditions of the knee, hip, and shoulder.
- focus on regenerative medicine and joint preservation in an effort to help patients avoid surgery if it all possible, while maintaining a good quality of life.
- services include periarticular injections, ranging from visco supplementation to platelet rich plasma, physical therapy, and radio frequency ablation.
- areas of focus include minimally invasive and muscle sparing approaches, rapid recovery postoperative total joint protocols, and Multi modal pain control
- a robust preoperative total joints pathway, which serves to optimize patients medically prior to surgery to ensure the best possible outcome and thoroughly educate patients on what to expect pre-and post operatively.
- work intimately with the physical therapy department to coordinate real time and exceptional individual patient care. This ensures that each patient is on track to the most expedited recovery possible.
The Orthopaedic surgeons are well-trained in management of high acuity trauma. The team utilizes the latest techniques in the management of both common and complex orthopedic injuries, including minimally invasive approaches, deformity correction, and bone grafting. Specialty Physical Assistants support the Orthopaedic surgeons in foot and ankle care.
Orthopedics appointments are made on a referral basis only. Clinic appointments are scheduled on a priority basis. Emergencies and urgent consults are prioritized. Scope of services: Sports medicine and injuries; uncomplicated hand surgery; orthopedic trauma; limited pediatric orthopedic surgery; foot and ankle surgery; general orthopedic surgery; and total joint replacement. Services not offered: Spine surgery, complex pediatric orthopedic surgery and severe multiple trauma orthopedic surgery.
Orthopedic Appliance Department
Orthopedic Appliance Department or "Brace Shop" services are available on a walk-in basis. The scope of services provided include orthopedic bracing, shoe orthotics and compression garments.
Services are available to active duty members, retirees and dependents.